Thursday, November 8, 2012

2012.11.08


Man, I regretted this one as soon as I started it - the photo ref was full of sunlight, and while it made for a really pretty photo, it totally obscured details and made the colours extremely difficult to reproduce. I was SO tempted to colour pick from the photo, but I fought the urge! I really wanted to ditch it and pick a new photo, but I felt like that would be cheating. So I did my best. ):

...At least it looks real good when it's a teeny-tiny thumbnail!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! When I saw it was like, "WOAH!!!" haha it's a stunning piece!. The texture on the grass is a little strong and sharp, if you used that texture more towards the front it will help convey the depth more :D

    Also, did you paint with the strong/hawt orange while you're painting or did you add it last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part, the orange was in there the whole time, though I did touch it up with a soft brush a bit at the end.

      Delete