Thursday, March 15, 2012

Never Again...

I had a horrible time trying to get my scan today. Went to Staples to get it scanned. Got it scanned, went home, opened up the file and it was fucked up. Drove back to Staples and told her and she easily rescanned it but it still was a horrible scan, so I drove to Kinkos. Kinkos was able to get a better scan but it was still pretty shitty IMO compared to the Espon scanners at the school. I don't understand why they couldn't even get a decent scan, THEY'RE A PRINT/FAX/SCAN Service! UUUGH! so I had to start throwing them pixels on a horrible scan but it worked out in the long run. So there's my rant for today. I hope everyone is enjoying their Spring-Break! Only a few more days left!! and then back on the vicious grind!

7 comments:

  1. Glad it worked out for you bro, now lets see some more WIP. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS MY WORK IN PROGRESS!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, your story....that was funny!...yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you tell them specifications? like, 'i need this scanned as a tiff at 300dpi and 24-bit color.' you have to tell these stores' print servicepeople real specifics to get any decent result. but yeah, school's scanners are more manageable, obv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that I did tell them and the scanned got worse. That was when I had my moment of "DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?!"

      Delete
    2. i dunno man; i think quality depends on the employees you work with. i've never scanned at the store but the printout of my drawing from kinko's is fine. the guy seemed informative enough about print. i learned what the difference between printing grayscale in color and grayscale using only the black ink cartridge is. unless he lied to me.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, the employees are kind of a crapshoot. Sometimes you get the people that have been there for a while, they know what they're doing and things are great! Sometimes you get the people who know less about printing/scanning/whatever than you do and then you have a problem.

      Oh man, one time I went to kinkos really late at night to get stuff printed out for Savas's digital drawing class and the guy kept printing my image out larger than the print area, so parts of the image would be cropped out. I ended up just editing the settings on the computer there myself and it printed out fine. But then when I went another time to print something else during the day and was having trouble with another employee, I tried to fix the settings myself on the computer like before and he totally flipped out on me. Like..."no! customers aren't allowed to touch the computer!"

      Delete